Sunday, May 2, 2010

We survived our week of training!!!

What a week! We had one of the most exhausting weeks we've had so far but we also had some of the most amazing experiences.

We worked Tuesday - Friday from 7-2, & Saturday we worked from 2-9. I haven't had to train for a job since high school & even then there wasn't so much to remember. We had to learn things like how to turn the phones off & on (which sounds funny but there is quite a process), how to transfer calls & all the extension numbers, how to do the cash register in clothing (which I've never done), how to help people with their family search, & how to record work that is done & file everything in the right place. We were so busy everyday & would practically crawl home & just crash. One day we were climbing our 33 steps & Rod said, "You've never worked so hard in your life have you?" I reminded him that I worked hard raising 7 children but the difference was that I could always sit & relax when I needed to. I also didn't have to remember so many things. Having our brains overloaded was really what was the most exhausting.

Throughout the week I kept thinking about when Pres. Logan set us apart as missionaries & blessed me with a keen memory. I was grateful at the time for that blessing because I don't have the best memory. I am even more grateful now because I know it will help me to remember what I have learned this week when I need it.

Our schedule for May is Tue.-Sat. from 7-2. We have to be there by 6:30 so I get up at 5. I am not an early morning person but it is really refreshing to be outside that early in the morning.

The first thing we did on Tuesday morning was go on a tour of the Temple. Pres. Spears, a counselor in the Temple, told me that the Celestial Room reminded him of King Solomon's Temple. I didn't really understand it until we walked in. It literally took my breath away. We just walked around in awe. It is the most beautiful room I have ever seen! It reminds me of what it might be like in Heaven & the feeling there is even more indescribable.

We were able to do everything this week. I helped in a session where thlere were headsets being used for Spanish, Portuguese & Russian. I had never seen that before. A family brought in names to be baptized & Rod was able to be baptized for the male name they brought in. It was special to see things like that happen.

The highlight of our week was when Pres. Wood set us apart as Boston Temple workers. He is so great & is so personable. We just love being around him. He talked to us for awhile in his office & then he gave each of us the most beautiful blessings. He promised each of us blessings that we will be eternally grateful for. It was a very spiritual experience.

We look forward to another great week & hope we remember all the things we've learned since we are basically on our own, even though there are great people around who are willing to help if we need it.

We send our love to everyone & hope you have a great week also.

No comments:

Post a Comment