Thursday, September 29, 2011

One More Day!

Well...the time has come. Tomorrow is our last day at the Boston Temple. We have had so many "lasts" lately, but tomorrow they are having cake to 'celebrate' our leaving. Everyone has been so kind to us. We have been truly blessed to be here & have so many friends. We're trying to hold our emotions in check but I can't guarantee that we won't fall apart as we leave tomorrow.

We were given a framed picture of the Temple with a poem & I would like to share it with you.


"If" by Carma Salvesen.

If I could go to Galilee
And walk where Jesus walked,
And sit in tender grasses
On the hillside where he taught.

If I could sit and ponder
On a rock that knew His hand,
Or walk along the seashore
Where His feet had touched the sand.

My spirit yearns within me,
But it doesn't seem my fate,
I'll never walk where Jesus walked.
I'll never see........but wait.

I worship in His temple
Where I know He's walked before.
Have His feet been down this hallway?
Have His fingers touched this door?

Has He stood here in this very room
And looked at what I see?
In the beauty of His temple
I can feel His love for me.

I close my eyes & picture Him,
My worries melt away.
I don't need to go to Galilee
Or travel far away.

For my tender heart is filled
With what He wants me to be taught
And my testimony burns within--
I've walked where Jesus walked!

1 comment:

  1. Terry, You are probably home to Eagle River by now. I have tried to check in with your blog once in a while since I met you in Boston last fall. Thank you for sharing the good, the bad, the sad and glad of your mission. If you are ever down our way in SE let us know. Love Donna Leigh

    ReplyDelete