Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

I don't have much time before we go to the Temple but our hearts are full today & I wanted to mention a few things. I thought I wanted to talk about how great it is to be in the birthplace of our nation, especially during this Thanksgiving season, but over the past week my thoughts keep changing.

Our hearts are tender today as our thoughts & prayers go to our sweet daughter (in-law) & her family as they are burying her father today. He passed away too soon at the age of 53. He was a wonderful man. It has reminded me of when we had to bury Nathan. We haven't forgotten how hard it was but it has reminded me of the many sweet experiences we were blessed with.

During this week of Thanksgiving we are especially grateful to our Father in Heaven for the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ, who made it possible for us to be with our loved ones again. Since Nathan passed away the Atonement has meant so much more to me in my life.

We are grateful to be able to serve the Lord as missionaries in the Boston Temple full time. The blessings & the Spirit that we feel there are beyond description.

I hesitate to mention all of the blessings we are grateful for because I don't want to leave anyone or anything out & I don't want it to be in any particular order, but I would be ungrateful if I didn't mention a few.

We are thankful for goodly parents who gave us life & taught us the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are thankful for our children & that includes their spouses who are ours now whether they like it or not. We are grateful for our 24 grandchildren & the love they bring into our lives. We are thankful for extended family & friends & the gift of love & friendship we feel.

We are thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ & all of the many blessings we have because of it, especially the opportunity we had to be sealed for time & all eternity to each other & our families.

I was told in my patriarchal blessing to be forever grateful for ingratitude is a grievous sin. President Monson said that we should develop an attitude of gratitude. I will always be forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for all of my many blessings.

We send our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment